The ultimate objective of our lab is to enhance productivity, stability and sustainability of cropping systems for food, feed and fuel in an environmental, social and economic context.
Our approach is to
- create and analyze databases of crop performance,
- integrate field experimentation with statistical and process-based crop models and
- to produce spatial forecasts of productivity, stability and ecosystem services of cropping systems.
In our research we use a variety of methods:
- linear, non-linear and generalized mixed models,
- process-based crop models,
- meteorological, soil and land-use databases,
- parameter estimation,
- spatial analysis.